Festival Creation & Direction
In 2017 I imagined a festival that would unite arts, sciences and water fun to inspire people to protect something I love very much – the ocean.
Tacoma Ocean Fest was born, and has seen enormous success, bringing thousands of people to the waterfront museum where it is held, and online, to celebrate, learn and protect our ocean environment from threats like pollution, climate change and species extinction.
Arts create empathy and drive imagination. Together, that’s a powerful catalyst for change in the world.
I’m the founding director of Tacoma Ocean Fest. Here’s what I’ve done or managed since the beginning:
- Founded highly successful arts- and science-based ocean environmental festival in Tacoma, Wash.
- Artistic planning and direction
- Project management, goals, reports
- Team building, volunteer recruitment
- Grant writing, budgeting, contracts
- Communications direction and execution
- Community partnership building
- Won a Tacoma Public Schools Community Partner Award (2019)
- Taking the entire festival online in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic